Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ah...Bliss Returns

Several months ago I tried my hand at soap making and really enjoyed it. It was fun to see what blends of essential oils I could use. The shop then began to consume all of my time so I let my supplies sit in the corner. Well...last week my friend and fellow shop owner Valerie mentioned she was running low on the soaps she carries and hadn't heard from the girl who had done some for her in the past. Hello? Opportunity knocking...I love it when I can do things I truly enjoy AND make enough money to actually pay for doing it!

So, last night I cleared off the counters and got to work. I recently taught a kids' soap ball making class at Val's shop and had picked up some Lime Oil. This stuff smells good!! And very invigorating...even the kids loved it! By the end of my play time I had 2 different soaps...a basic oatmeal bar made with a shea butter base (so moisturizing!!) and a rose lime blend in the same base. Yep...it even had rose petals throughout the bar! So fun! And did I mention...all natural?? I will be dropping 3 of each off to Plain & Practical this evening when I close my shop and hope that she likes them. Would love the opportunity to play some more!
PS...Want some?? I ship =) or stop by Val's place!





No comments:

Post a Comment