Sunday, January 8, 2012

Reliving Recent Projects

I've spend the last several months combing the internet for new projects and trying some new things. I've developed a total love for mason jars, especially the vintage blue tinted ones!!

I imagine these lining a beach walkway leading to the water, glowing on a summer evening. Or around a gazebo as friends and family gather at dusk. While I've seen luminaries that use candles, on this particular project I used the tops of the solar lights that are sold at WalMart and other mass retailers. They fit perfectly on top of the jar and I didn't have to worry about the kids around the candles! I wasn't thrilled with the other decorative features I added to these particular jars but was looking for something that looked cheery during the daytime. There are definitely changes I'll make next time but maybe when I finally have that house in the country I'll have these everywhere along my big front porch and down by the pond.





See what I mean?? Not digging the decorations. But totally love the way the light reflects on the desk through the vintage lace. This was my first attempt. I learned some lessons but love the basic idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment